DELL XPS 15 dos not wake from suspend: A solution hopefully

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Wed Jan 13 06:55:12 UTC 2016

Hi there,

for some months I was fighting the fact, that my dell xps15 with 4k display did
not wake from suspend to a usefull state.
It did wake from suspend but the the screen remained black and also all the
periphery (keyboard, wlan) did not respond.

Now I hopefully have found a solution (based on
http://karlgrz.com/dell-xps-15-ubuntu-tweaks/ et all):
I created a file: /etc/pm/config.d/00-use-suspend-hybrid
with the following content:

HIBERNATE_MODE=platform

# Always use hibernate instead of suspend, but with "suspend to both"

if [ "$METHOD" = "suspend" ]; then

   METHOD=suspend_hybrid

fi

if [ "$METHOD" = "hibernate" ]; then

   METHOD=suspend_hybrid

fi

# Make sure to use the kernel's method, in case uswsusp is installed etc.

SLEEP_MODULE=kernel

so far it looks as if this works fine.
If anybody has comments, or a refinement, I would be eager to hear.

robert