no network (eth0/wlan0) after reinstall of 15.10

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Wed Jan 13 04:25:06 UTC 2016

>>> https://askubuntu.com/
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/
>>>
>>> or simply use
>>>
>>> https://www.google.com/
>>>
>>> or better
>>>
>>> https://www.startpage.com/
>>>
>>> Google, respl. Start Page usually provide good results, unfortunately
>>> the search is much better than DuckDuckGo and others.
>>>
>>> Most likely there are several easy to use howtos provided by the Ubuntu
>>> help pages and by ask Ubuntu.
>>>

>> I finally just reinstalled ubuntu.
>> Fortunately I still had an windos partition ont which I coud do a backup of
>> my stuff, as there was no way outside access.
> What will you do if your disc goes up in smoke (literally or
> metaphorically) tomorrow?
the state of my box was in, resulted from an failed attempt to reinstall 15.10
ON TOP of an existing 15.10.
That is why I finally reinstall it.
Now I have access to the net again. And all the problems for which I started the
reinstall .. These problems I will explain in a separate post .
robert