update-manager --no-focus-on-map ??

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Tue Jan 5 19:37:58 UTC 2016

Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 1:10:14 AM, Petter wrote:

> <big snip>
>> This can be disabled, however, it's collecting data.
>> Are you sure they haven't add safe browsing and other stuff that
>> can't be disabled?

> I have no clue, ask them, or read the privacy policy. Opera has
> generally had a good reputation on these things. Rikona asked
> whether the browser engine being written by Google had any impact on
> privacy, and I said "no". I never said it was a perfect browser,
> whether you are privacy-conscious or not, I said the browser engine
> was not what he needed to worry about.

I've been looking into other browsers. The Epic browser apparently
modifies the open Google engine and removes every way that info can be
sent to google or others - if so, then apparently such things are
built into the engine. The Epic browser default includes many other
protections. But, their business model doesn't make much $$ so it's
not clear how long this can keep up...

--

 rikona