Linux, Lenovo, AMD Radeon

Jared Buck jared.buck at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 12:27:39 UTC 2016

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 3:57 AM, Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

> The reason I haven't tried a lot of things is that after installing
> 15.10 and rebooting, there is no boot menu - it's as if the only
> installed OS is Windows. This seems to be a common problem on zillions
> of platforms, so perhaps Uncle Google can help me there.

It's a simple fix.  If you have Windows installed first before installing
any version of Linux, Windows will boot by default.  To fix this, you need
to edit the GRUB boot file that tells your system to use the GRUB boot
loader and also to load your version of Linux.  You will likely have to use
a Live CD/DVD to boot into your Ubuntu distro and then edit GRUB to make
Ubuntu boot first.

Here's a link I found that may help you:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GrubHowto/ChangeDefaultOS

I'm sure others on the list will be able to help you with getting GRUB to
start at boot and also to make sure it boots into Ubuntu.

Jared

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>