Wifi Dongles

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Feb 21 20:04:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

Reasons,

a) With a low profile system, getting a low profile pci-e express card (in fact low profile anything) can be "fun"

b) flexibility to move it between platforms in a few seconds.

c) cheap.

d) OS agnostic.

e) No need to open the box, no risk of stuffing it with static, no lost warrrantee etc.

I have an external one on the way from dx.com for around $17USD I'll report back on it in the next week or so as its in the post.

http://www.dx.com/p/vonets-var11n-300-wireless-300mbps-mini-network-router-wi-fi-repeater-bridge-adapter-white-382004#.VsoUeJQXFhE

[http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_382004_1.jpg]<http://www.dx.com/p/vonets-var11n-300-wireless-300mbps-mini-network-router-wi-fi-repeater-bridge-adapter-white-382004#.VsoUeJQXFhE>

VONETS VAR11N-300 Wireless 300Mbps Mini Network Router Wi ...<http://www.dx.com/p/vonets-var11n-300-wireless-300mbps-mini-network-router-wi-fi-repeater-bridge-adapter-white-382004#.VsoUeJQXFhE>
www.dx.com
VAR11N-300 is the professional Mini Wi-Fi repeater, and together with mini Wi-Fi router and Wi-Fi intelligent bridge that is elaborately developed by HouTian Network ...

A mate has one and yes its not as fast as it should be, (but works with Ubuntu fine), I'll test the speed myself.

regards

Steven