LXD unix.socket missing after install of lxd with snappy on an Raspberry pi with Ubuntu core

Bernard van de Koppel bernard at sipman.net
Wed Feb 17 15:05:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

I installed lxd with "snappy install lxd".

 snappy list -v
Name        Date       Version Developer
ubuntu-core 2016-02-12 8       ubuntu*
ubuntu-core 2016-01-28 7       ubuntu
lxd         2016-02-16 0.21-1  stgraber*
webdm       2016-01-28 0.11    canonical*
pi2         2016-01-28 0.16    canonical
pi2         2016-02-16 0.17    canonical*

When I try to import an image I get the response

~$ lxd-images import debian/jessie/armhf --alias debian-jessie-armhf
LXD isn't running.

When trying to run an lxc init, I get the folowing error

~$ lxc init ubuntu u1
error: Get http://unix.socket/1.0: dial unix
/var/lib/apps/lxd/0.21-1/lxd/unix.socket: connect: no such file or
directory

This is an test setup, to get experience with lxd, but for now now
with many luck.

I tried installing, add-apt-repository to run on the latest version,
but this is missing from ubuntu core and I found no oter way to add
it.

add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-lxc/lxd-stable

How can I start lxd???

Help appreciated,

Bernard van de Koppel