Can No Longer Double Click to Copy and Single Left Click to Paste

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 11:57:18 UTC 2016

On 17 February 2016 at 12:30, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> Hmmmmm!!!  You have it the wrong way round!  :-)
>
> The *normal* copy/paste *IS* select with button 1, paste with button 2
> (middle button).  The horrible CTRL/C CTRL/V thing was invented later
> by someone else......

It might have been invented later -- I honestly don't know -- but it
was about 1984, and I reckon 32 years ago is quite a while.

It was in MacOS 1 and I don't know but possibly in the Lisa before that.

It's the way people are used to. It's also more like how it worked in
WordStar back on CP/M and so on -- ^KB to mark the start of a block,
^KK to mark the end, ^KV to paste.

That goes back to the late 1970s!

Vi and DEC EDIT had similar commands a decade earlier, but that's
before even /my/ time.