update manager refuses to upgrade kernel to newer version

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 15:34:35 UTC 2016

Hi Oli,

On Fri, 12/2/16, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: update manager refuses to upgrade kernel to newer version
 To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
 Date: Friday, 12 February, 2016, 17:23

 hi,
 Am
 Freitag, den 12.02.2016, 15:07 +0000 schrieb Spyros
 Tsiolis:
 > thank you for the reply.
 > No, I am afraid it's a personal
 custom-made version, not LTSP.
 > I've
 followed the thin-client vanilla installation from the
 ubuntu site and
 > adapted parts so that
 it would fit my clients' needs.

 Server is an ubuntu 14.04 X64 and thin clients boot from
 PXE
 > and run Ubuntu 12.04 x86

 so i guess you have something
 like a dedicated nfs root for your clients
 which you boot from a pxe loaded intird ? if
 so, just remove the
 grub-common package,
 then it should be fine ...

 ciao
     oli

Yes, this is the installation more or less.

I'll try and find "grub-common" and remove it.
Thank you.
I do think that I took everything "grub*" away from the system.
Oh well. I'll check again.

Thank you ,

s.