update manager refuses to upgrade kernel to newer version

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 15:07:28 UTC 2016

On Fri, 12/2/16, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: update manager refuses to upgrade kernel to newer version
 To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
 Date: Friday, 12 February, 2016, 14:29

 hi,
 Am
 Freitag, den 12.02.2016, 08:48 +0000 schrieb Spyros
 Tsiolis:
 > Hello again ,
 >

 > Here's quite an oldie that I missed
 for about a month.
 > On the thin clients,
 the kernel is stuck on v3.13.0-46-generic.
 > The system keeps downloading v3.13.0-77
 but the following
 > tidal wave of info
 pops-up on a windows that I cannot make

 heads or tails out of it :

 since you say thin clients, is that LTSP, some
 local thin client image
 on the client device
 or what kind of setup are you running there ? looks
 very much like the installArchives() functiopn
 (wherever that comes
 from) is doing the
 update inside a chroot and forgot/failed to
 mount /dev, /sys and /proc

 ciao
     oli

Hi Oli,

thank you for the reply.
No, I am afraid it's a personal custom-made version, not LTSP.
I've followed the thin-client vanilla installation from the ubuntu site and
adapted parts so that it would fit my clients' needs.
Server is an ubuntu 14.04 X64 and thin clients boot from PXE
and run Ubuntu 12.04 x86

s.

 --
 ubuntu-users mailing