Pitfalls of the Ubuntu bug tracker - Was: volume past 100% and vol control

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Feb 11 06:00:50 UTC 2016

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 22:47:14 -0600, C de-Avillez wrote:
>On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 04:04:55 +0100
>Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:57:34 -0600, C de-Avillez wrote:
>> >Can we please stop with FUD?
>>
>> So you call me a liar?
>>
>> This is what is mentioned by the Ubuntu Wiki and I refer to this
>> information, I'm not liar:
>>
>>  "Along with the report, Whoopsie sends an obfuscated (SHA512) system
>>  identifier (DMI system UUID). This information is collected so that
>> we can show a graph of the average errors per calendar day. It also
>> lets us answer questions like, “is Ubuntu more stable in the first
>> week of use or subsequent weeks?” -
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ErrorTracker
>
>??
>
>I do not follow you. So being able to discard duplicates is bad?
>
>And what is the issue with the error tracker?

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:57:34 -0600, C de-Avillez wrote:
>Please rest assured we have NO interest in your mobo ids.

Actually now you say there is a reason to have this interest.

IOW you spread misinformation and I said the truth.

And again, I already pointed out that the bug tracker does not allow to
report a bug, if you click on "Report a bug" on it's main page. It
links to a help page that only mentions the tools to report a bug, not
that it's possible to report a bug in the same way as for any other
FLOSS project I know. It is possible, but hard to find out how to do.