extra options on right click

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 1 07:07:07 UTC 2016

On Sun, 31/1/16, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: extra options on right click
 To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
 Date: Sunday, 31 January, 2016, 20:31

 On Sun, 2016-01-31 at
 17:14 +0000, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:

 Ralph thank you so much for your detailed guide. Will try
 it.
 > I also did some digging and found
 that "nautilus-image-manipulator"
 > and "nautilus-iamge-converter"
 also do the trick.

 Assumed
 they are already installed, but shouldne't work. What
 happens?

Hi Ralph,

You are partly right.
They work and they don't.
Managed to find the culprit.

If you access a bunch of files locally (i.e. /local_volume/Images) it works like a
charm.

If you access a bunch of files via smb/cifs/ntfs (i.e. on a remote network location)
it doesn't work.
If you right-click the resize option, the following message comes up :
------
Nautilus Image Manipulator needs to be provided with a list of images to resize.
Please right-cilck on an image and select the "Resize image" option.
------
Which is what I do in the first place, but then the same message pops-up !

Niiice :-)

So I am half-way there; At the moment the functionality is useless to me as it is
because I need to access network shares !
DUH !

I am searching on the net as we speak for a possible solution but can't find
anything.

Regards,

s.