DVDs still don't play properly

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:46:29 UTC 2016

On my desktop some of my DVDs can't be read in my LG BluRay burner,
some cant' be read in my LG DVD burner.  (I bought the LG DVD burner
because almost nothing worked in my old Samsung DVD burner.)

However, some DVDs simply do not play properly at all.  I have the
most recent XMen trilogy, all of which have foreign language sections
in the first part of the movies, and none of them show the subtitles
while playing.  I can't even make an ISO copy of the DVD to try that.

However, I also have an older laptop with a built-in DVD burner, it
both plays and copies the DVDs correctly (i.e., with the subtitles).
Then again, none of those ISO files play properly (with subtitles) on
my desktop, and a good part of the time they also don't play properly
on the laptop either.

thanks.
MR