ESP dual boot Windows 10

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 12:43:29 UTC 2016

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:53:11 +0000, Liam Proven wrote:

> So the final layout will be something like:
>
> #0 Windows #1 Linux root #2 ESP #3 Linux /home #4 Linux swap

How do you know or surmise that Volume 1 was an emergency copy of enough
of Windows to re-install?  What does "enough" mean here?

If volume 3, "push button", is an OEM installation of Windows it has a
fairly hefty replacement cost.

I like the notion of booting to the emergency environment to write to
removable media.  I'll have to double check, but from the control panel I
didn't see any recovery options at all.  I'll try shift-reboot.

thanks,

Thufir