Nautilus hangs when accessing CIFS share

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Fri Dec 23 19:38:53 UTC 2016

Hello Karl,

Thursday, December 22, 2016, 9:51:28 PM, Karl wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-12-22 at 21:38 -0800, rikona wrote:
>> I found a workaround that helps greatly re time. If during the
>> drag/drop I release the mouse the *instant* the target window
>> indicates it recognized the target folder, it does NOT open the
>> folder

> Try right-clicking on the source and selecting "move to..." (or
> "copy to..."). You will get a target selection dialogue that does
> not try to open/display the target at all (though it does open a
> simple list at each step if you have to descend into a directory to
> find the target). Obviously don't actually enter the target
> directory! Just highlight it and click "select".

That is a good option with Nautilus that does not do an open, which is
good. But most of the other pgms I use either do not have that option
or may take several clicks to go through. I end up trying to use the
"instant" drag/drop workaround a lot. It works about 75% of the time;
25% of the time it was a tiny bit too long and it tries to open. Is
there any way to increase how long before Nautilus tries to open? If
increased, that could make this a useful option.

Again, thanks for your suggestions!!

--

 rikona