Nautilus acting up

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Sat Dec 17 19:29:09 UTC 2016

Hello Ralf,

Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 1:22:52 AM, Ralf wrote:

> Hi Rikona,

> actually I don't use a desktop environment for my installed Linux at
> all. On Ubuntu as well as on Arch Linux I'm using openbox, a window
> manager, without a desktop environment. I just noticed that the Ubuntu
> Mate live media is ok, in regards to my needs, when using a live media.

> However, for my installs I'm using some applications from Mate. My
> favourite GUI editor is Pluma, the Mate editor and sometimes I'm using
> Engrampa, the Archive application, which could be build without Caja
> dependency.

> Regards,
> Ralf

Very interesting. I installed Pluma just as a test install, but
perhaps I should use it a bit to see what it's like. I usually use
Kate, but it's nice to have good alternatives to gedit.

I guess I don't know enough yet about the window manager vs desktop. I
just assumed some desktop is necessary - sounds like it is not.

You bring up interesting and different things - thanks!

--

 rikona