USB not working with camera

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Wed Dec 14 19:21:24 UTC 2016

Hello Liam,

Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 12:50:28 AM, Liam wrote:

> On 14 December 2016 at 09:35, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
>> Any ideas why it doesn't work in 16.04?

> Is the camera using ExFAT? If so you need to manually install
> support for the format, as it's a proprietary, licensed, MS tool.

Good call - that was it. I was confused by disks telling me it was
fat32, and didn't think of exfat. That is used in SDs > 64G, and this
was smaller, but apparently the camera formats ANY size SDs with
exfat, I guess so that it can use very large video files more
efficiently. Exfat looks like fat32 to the disks pgm, and I guess in a
sense it is. Might be nice if it could report exfat though.

I installed fuse and now can see the SD in the USB adapter. Thanks
much!

--

 rikona