Create ISO using running ubuntu

Tony Baechler bats at batsupport.com
Wed Dec 14 13:04:52 UTC 2016

On 12/14/2016 4:55 AM, abhishek jain wrote:
> Is there any method of creating customized iso using live running ubuntu so
> that I can use the same ubuntu on other system with same packages installed
> by default.I tried using relinux but it didn't work.

Try the bootcd package. Run bootcdwrite as root to create a custom .iso of
your system. I'm not sure if it's in Trusty, but I know it has been around a
while. It's actually a Debian package, but it works fine on Wily and
probably Xenial. You should be able to install it by hand if it isn't in the
Trusty repo. I've used it several times and am using it to create my own
live CD. It boots and runs exactly the same as the live system. You can even
install other packages as it runs from RAM. Run bootcd2disk to install to a
hard drive, but be warned that it formats the existing partition.