Help please: Network Service Discovery Disabled

Charles Irons irons.charles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 09:33:27 UTC 2016

Greetings All

I keep getting this warning. My new TP-LINK router still connects as Auto
Ethernet but maybe I should change some configuration if you can send me
terminal commands.
"Network Service Discovery Disabled" appears on my screen with the message
below that I could not copy.
So I scanned Syslog and found the details below. Upper case is my edit. I
have a text file with more of syslog if you want that.

Dec  4 16:15:53  Charles-PC avahi: AVAHI DETECTED THAT YOUR CURRENTLY
CONFIGURED LOCAL DNS SERVER SERVES
A DOMAIN .LOCAL. THIS IS INHERENTLY INCOMPATIBLE WITH AVAHI AND THUS
AVAHI DISABLED ITSELF. IF YOU WANT TO USE AVAHI IN THIS NETWORK, PLEASE
CONTACT YOUR ADMINISTRATOR AND CONVINCE HIM TO USE A DIFFERENT DNS DOMAIN,
SINCE .LOCAL SHOULD BE USED EXCLUSIVELY FOR ZEROCONF TECHNOLOGY.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, SEE HTTP://AVAHI.ORG/WIKI/AVAHIANDUNICASTDOTLOCAL
Dec  4 16:15:53 Charles-PC systemd[1]: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack...
Dec  4 16:15:53 Charles-PC avahi-daemon[2059]: Process 819 died: No such
process; trying to remove PID file. (/var/run/avahi-daemon//pid)

Thanks for your good advice.
Chas
--
My preferred address is