"compromising the Ubuntu/Debian update mechanism"

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 31 18:40:01 UTC 2016

hi,
On Mi, 2016-08-31 at 15:10 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I was  confused, since I thought I might have translated the text
> incorrectly, but because I have not heard of this on other mailing
> lists, I had doubts that it is such a drama.

well, considering that cloud is after android probably the second most
widespread area of linux it is actually quite a drama i guess ...

i imagine turning off de-duplication in ram on a machine with 10000
cloud VMs running will be quite a performance and memory hit for the
(possibly paying) users.

..but most likely not for most people here on the list ;)

ciao
	oli