Logging into other WMs ie..Enlightenment

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:21:56 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-08-30 at 12:25 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Chris <cpollock at embarqmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone experienced problems logging into other WMs after
> > logging
> > out of Gnome? For more information see - https://answers.launchpad.
> > net/
> > ubuntu/+question/369809
> I feel like I'm short of information. Like, what guides have you been
> reading? What kind of steps did you go through installing the various
> desktop, window, and login managers you've tried, etc.?
>
> For xfce4, have you tried startxfce4 from the command line?
>
> --
> Joel Rees

Hi Joel, not sure what guides you're referring to. I've been doing a
lot of searching on Google to try and find the root cause of all this.
As to how I installed them, I used Synaptic which AFAIK installed all
the required dependencies. I had Enlightenment working once about a
week ago and since then the only desktop I can log-in to is Gnome.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C