break-in attempt in my machine

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 04:15:44 UTC 2016

I should add that I don't use the Linux configs to change the port.  I do
that in my router.  It does NAT (network address translation) and sends
particular incoming ports to different hosts, with a port change.  I had to
do that anyway, to allow incoming traffic at all, so I saved a step.
Inside the router, it all looks like port 22.  Come to think of it, if I do
port knocking I'll have to get the router involved in that as well or the
knocks will never be seen.