Weirdly sloped font in some apps after 16.04 upgrade

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Aug 26 12:41:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:09:39 +0100, Adam Funk wrote:
>I just upgraded a desktop machine from 15.10 to 16.04 (a little late,
>I know!).  Everything is OK except for one weird problem: a lot of
>web pages in Firefox and some e-mails in Thunderbird are displayed in
>a strangely sloped font --- like backward-italic, i.e., up to the
>left.  I have no idea where to find whatever is causing this, & it's
>pretty hard to google.
>
>Any suggestions?

Hi,

what font should it be, regarding the HTML source? In Firefox at the
opened website push Ctrl+U to see the page source and then Ctrl+F and
search for      font      , since I don't have Thunderbird installed, I
don't know how to view an email's source by Thunderbird, but usually
mailers provide such an option, too.

Regards,
Ralf