Any web authors using Python out there? I need advice.

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 03:06:28 UTC 2016

I have a web site I wrote in the '90s as a hobby project, before I ever
heard the word "framework" in reference to the web, before I heard of
SQLite, and while learning Python.  It needs work.  It shows the outcomes
of some known games of Hex.  See it at http://hex.kosmanor.com/hex-bin/board
.

The Python code is run as CGI scripting, which I gather is old technology,
and is certainly slow.  I'd like to do better.  It would make sense to stay
with Python, but it's not essential.  The database is my own C code wrapper
around gdbm, as a Python module.  It has to be rebuilt from scratch on any
update, and that's gotten expensive in time (about a week.)  SQLite should
should make the coding fairly easy.

Can somebody point me at free tools (it's still a hobby) that could do a
better job on running the page itself?  It's currently hosted on Xubuntu
and apache, and I'll certainly stick with Xubuntu.

--
Kevin O'Gorman
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */