Out of Space

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Aug 11 23:06:25 UTC 2016

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 18:42:30 -0400, Dick Barmann wrote:
>On 08/11/2016 02:51 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>> All flavours likely provide meta-packages
>>>
>>> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu-flavours
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFlavors
>>>
>>> So there are also other meta-packages, e.g.
>>>
>>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=ubuntustudio&searchon=names&suite=xenial&section=all
>>>
>>> -> http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/ubuntustudio-deskto
>> Oops
>>
>>      http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/ubuntustudio-desktop
>>

>Instead of trying again to install the Ubuntu I went to the packages
>you suggested. It steered  to Synaptic and I down loaded the
>xenial/lxde. Found it nd downloaded it and installed it. I guess I am
>not thinking right but cannot find how to open the meta-packages. I
>hate to be a pest but I know I am just overlooking some simple thing.
>Dick

Hi,

if synaptic shows that the package is installed, the log out. The log
in screen, aka greeter of the display manager, in your case it#s most
likely KDM,  somewhere has anoption, perhaps an icon, when you click
it, it most likely provides a menu were you could chose between a KDE
and a LXDE session. IOW log out, chose LXDE and log in again.

Regards,
Ralf