Out of Space

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Aug 11 06:33:38 UTC 2016

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 00:16:59 -0400, Dick Barmann wrote:
>I downloaded 3 Ubuntu .iso but when I burn them and try to install I
>get "cannot find live medium". That is after it comes up with the
>Ubuntu page. Please tell me where I can download another that will
>wirk.

Did you use the links that were posted by IIRC Oli?

If not, search the archive:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/

>QWuestion #2 I cannot figure out where to find create in Gparted. I
>have to go there to do the Primary and Logical.

I'm short in time this week. Maybe a manual does help, if not be
patient.

http://gparted.org/documentation.php
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/gparted.html

However, first consider not to install another Ubuntu flavour, too.

You now have got a Kubunbtu install, if you want another desktop
environment, you could install it, using this install.

I suspect that the login screen is provided by KDM. KDM for sure
provides a menu, were you could chose what desktop environment should
be used for the next user session.

Assuming you install Unity as the second desktop environment, then you
could chose between a KDE and a Unity session.

The Ubuntu package search < http://packages.ubuntu.com/ > could be
helpful, e.g.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/unity
http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/xfce4
http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/lxde
http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/mate-desktop-environment
http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/gnome
http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/cinnamon

I guess those are the desktop environments that are most interesting
for you. I prefer the WMs openbox and jwm, but dislike e.g. e17. I
didn't see lxde-qt, but http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/razorqt , but
most likely lxde is better regarding you needs.

The above seems to be the meta-packages, so installing one or all of
them would add a new desktop environment.

Regards,
Ralf