Out of Space

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Aug 10 17:53:14 UTC 2016

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 11:21:37 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
>I disagree with the accusation that Linux distros and developers don't
>care about anything but the latest and greatest hardware and won't run
>on anything less; IMO that's neither fair nor accurate.

I never claimed that. I run tailored installs, Arch is always a
tailored install, but I even set up my Ubuntu this way, e.g. using
openbox, while actually KDE wouldn't cause issues either, it just not
to my taste. I could say a lot regarding GNOME and GTK3 and underpin
this and provide examples, were developers of other projects fixed the
same issues for their projects, the GNOME developers are not willing to
fix. However, I've got no interest to continue this thread. So in
short, I didn't made this generalisation.

Regards,
Ralf

--
Death of ROXTerm