System requirements - Was: Out of Space

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Aug 10 14:44:00 UTC 2016

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:28:17 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>hi,
>Am Mittwoch, den 10.08.2016, 16:08 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
>>
>> > or if you can explain to your family why you spend 1h more working
>> > every day for saving a bit on the hardware .... sure ... totally
>> > your
>> > choice :)
>> That's an absurd claim. If you bought a suitable computer <= 5 years
>> ago, an up-to-date computer doesn't safe you 1 hour today, at least
>> not
>> for compiling software such as Firefox.
>
>thanks for being so firendly and respectful in your wording ...
>
>it saves me far more than 1h per day, it saves me 1h on a single task,
>my machine is well capable of building libreoffice and firefox at the
>same time while it does ten iso builds and still leaves enough power to
>do normal office and web tasks while all these scripted things run ...
>
>feel free to pick whatever hardware you like for your tasks but please
>respect that other people have other needs without getting insulting or
>calling tasks that you obviously do not seem to understand anything
>about absurd...
>
>$400/h is a pretty average number for a senior SW developer doing
>consultant work for a company ... (i did only use it as example number
>though)

There is no reason to fix Firefox in a short time. Because A is wrong,
there should be no reason to do B wrong, too. Explain your family, that
they will experience waves of refugees in an amount that the current
wave of refugees is a peanut. Explain your family that the current
ecological calamities are peanuts compared to those, that we get very
soon, if we continue our lifestyle. You don't have arguments, you only
provide excuses for bad habits.

Regards,
Ralf