Out of Space

Dick Barmann reb at barmannsbar.com
Wed Aug 10 06:07:55 UTC 2016

On 08/09/2016 08:46 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 9 August 2016 at 23:22, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>> It's not only the high amount of computer
>> waste that is an issue, but also the exploitation of rare earths, let
>> alone exploitation of humans. The fundamental attitude to need always
>> the latest and greatest is a problem. Some people already consider that
>> earth is not overpopulated, just the available resources are misused by
>> a minority. Apart from a few exceptional tasks, there are no good
>> reasons to need one new computer after the other. Most end users only
>> need one new computer after the other, to run a browser on more and
>> more flashy desktop environments that are badly programmed.
>
> I strongly agree.
>
> Both my laptops are Core 2 Duos. They are still more than fast enough
> for all I need. One is from 2007, the newer from 2008. My Mac mini is
> a 2011 model. All are lovely, quick, responsive machines.
>
> OK, except in Windows... But I almost never use it.
>
> Is there something I can open in a terminal to see what is installed where in the partitions?
I messed around and got the Grub working. Had to install the Kubuntu and it
overrode the grub abd it works. Now I have the Kubuntu working good but
in Grub I shoe Ubuntu on sdb7
and the 15.04 on sdb7, both on the 75Gb Drive. The Kubuntu is on the
160Gb drive. If it would
help to send you pctues I can attempt that that again tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks
Dick