Out of Space

Dick Barmann reb at barmannsbar.com
Wed Aug 10 01:17:34 UTC 2016

On 08/09/2016 08:46 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 9 August 2016 at 23:22, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>> It's not onlyhe high amount of computer
>> waste that is an issue, but also the exploitation of rare earths, let
>> alone exploitation of humans. The fundamental attitude to need always
>> the latest and greatest is a problem. Some people already consider that
>> earth is not overpopulated, just the available resources are misused by
>> a minority. Apart from a few exceptional tasks, there are no good
>> reasons to need one new computer after the other. Most end users only
>> need one new computer after the other, to run a browser on more and
>> more flashy desktop environments that are badly programmed.
>>   I could afford
>>
>> it I would get a geru to come and fix this but It is not covered with my Social Security. 40 years as
>>
>> an Ironworker did not educate me about computers.
>
> I strongly agree.
>   I could afford
>
> it I would get a geru to come and fix this but It is not covered with my Social Security. 40 years as
>
> an Ironworker did not educate me about computers.
> Both my laptops are Core 2 Duos. They are still more than fast enough
> for all I need. One is from 2007, the newer from 2008. My Mac mini is
> a 2011 model. All are lovely, quick, responsive machines.
>
> OK, except in Windows... But I almost never use it.
>

> I did post one time to the other thread as I saw was Out of Space but did because
of all the technical back and forth on Out of Space. I thought I might
find an answer
that I could understand. At this point I cannot boot anything with the
error in Grub.
Below Is the last post I made with the new problem that I probably
caused. If
I was trying to install the Ubuntu 16.04 and did the format that it
called for in the beginning of the install and now I have : error: file
'/boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod' not found. Entering
rescue  mode... grub rescue>
Dick