Out of Space

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Aug 9 18:14:58 UTC 2016

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:34:40 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>wow, really ? you must have very old HW then, i dont think after 2010
>there were any non UEFI boards on the market anymore (apart from x86
>based embedded/industrial boards perhaps)... it is pretty much the
>standard for all mildly modern mainboards (note that even if your BIOS
>looks like an old one it can be UEFI based, it doesn't need to have
>fancy features like mouse support or shiny graphics, a good indicator
>is if you have an option for doing BIOS updates directly from the BIOS,
>without having to use a windows/dos boot, thats a typical UEFI feature)

Hi,

the BIOS can be updated directly from the BIOS. I don't know when I
bought the Mobo, but the printed manual is from 2007 and the Mobo
already has PCIe slots. Much likely it was bought before 2010. How
often do you scrap hardware? Do you still own a soldering iron or
station, just in case you need to replace a power supply's capacitor or
to fix broken soldering joints of (now the bomb drops) a cathode ray
tube? Often CRTs aren't really broken, just a few soldering joints need
to be re-soldered.

Take a look at the pictures provided by the Link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=agbogbloshie+images

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ sudo dmidecode -t 2
# dmidecode 3.0
Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
SMBIOS 2.4 present.

Handle 0x0003, DMI type 2, 8 bytes
Base Board Information
	Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
	Product Name: M2A-VM HDMI
	Version: 1.XX
	Serial Number: 123456789000

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ sudo lshw -c cpu
  *-cpu
       product: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350
       vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
       physical id: 5
       bus info: cpu at 0
       version: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350
       slot: Socket AM2
       size: 2100MHz
       capacity: 3800MHz
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 200MHz
       capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce
cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht
syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp x86-64 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good nopl
extd_apicid eagerfpu pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy
3dnowprefetch vmmcall lbrv cpufreq

Regards,
Ralf