Out of Space

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 9 10:31:47 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Montag, den 08.08.2016, 12:16 -0400 schrieb Gene Heskett:
> On Monday 08 August 2016 05:27:29 Colin Law wrote:
>

> > On 8 August 2016 at 10:20, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>
> > wrote:

> > > With todays installers, how can you make it use an already
> > > prepared,
> > > labeled and formatted disk? Thats a trick I have never seen done.
> > When asked where to install select "Something Else" then you can
> > choose what you want with each partition.  If you leave the Format
> > checkbox unticked it will not format that partition.
> But it still refuses to recognize a prepared disk, and you are still
> forced to rewrite the parttition table, and may wind up with /boot
> being
> 850 gigs into the terabyte disk, and out of reach of the machines
> bios
> to reboot to at the end of the install.

wasnt that an issue with the BIOS.. it has been a while that i had to
use non UEFI BIOSes but iirc you could switch the HDD between CHS and
LBA mode since CHS is the summary of an equation of cylinders heads and
sectors, there is a limit which the last visible part of the disk can
be ... LBA (logical block addressing) will just see all of the disk and
just count blocks from the start to the end ...

so check your BIOS settings for the HDD, perhaps it is that ...

ciao
	oli