sysv init as start process

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Aug 9 04:55:26 UTC 2016

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 04:38:07 +0300, Ops Cloud wrote:
>Can we setup the default startup process to sysv init rather than
>upstart?
>
>I really don't like what upstart does. thanks.

Are you kidding?

Most distros, including Ubuntu, switched to systemd.

If you dislike systemd, a few distros provide alternative new init
systems. Soon or later most likely sysvinit will be dropped by
those distros, that still provided it in addition to systemd. The
distros providing new alternatives unlikely have a huge user base,
something that could be a disadvantage.

Don't get me wrong, I don't claim that systemd is the best or even a
good replacement, I only point out, that it is used by Ubuntu and most
other distros.

Regards,
Ralf