Out of Space

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Aug 6 19:20:01 UTC 2016

On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 20:43:34 +0200, Liam Proven wrote:
>Why do you want 2 different distros? This will make life a LOT harder
>for you, and no offence, but you are clearly a rookie and do not
>really understand this stuff well.

While it could be an advantage to have two or more different installs
for an experienced user, I agree with Liam on that. Even for an
experienced user it's not easy to maintain more than two installs, a
not that experienced user should start by maintaining one install.

>If you just want to try different desktops, you can install as many as
>you want in a single copy of Ubuntu.

That's correct. The only pitfall are some gnomish file managers that by
default start in desktop mode, IRRC at least caja, nemo and nautilus
do, but we could help you to avoid this, since at least caja and nemo
provide a --no-desktop option and nautilus most likely does, too.

On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 14:14:12 -0400, Richard Barmann wrote:
>Do I wipe the disks after inserting the Ubuntu disk?

No, you first wipe and format and after that you continue with the
installation, in the manual way, Liam already described.

Do you have access to another computer, to keep in touch with the
mailing list, after you wiped out all installs?

Regards,
Ralf

--
Death of ROXTerm