autoremove old kernel related packages - Was: Out of space

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Aug 2 17:21:00 UTC 2016

On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 15:47:14 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>hi,
>On Di, 2016-08-02 at 14:23 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>

>> Assumed I want to remove the old kernel I run a script, autoremove
>> doesn't remove the old kernel.
>
>if:
>
>apt-mark showmanual|grep linux
>
>does not list your kernel packages, then this is a bug, please file it
>you can unset the "manual" flag to "auto" again with:
>
>apt-mark auto $packagename
>
>...in case it listed your kernel packages
>
>(i bet your kernel is set to manual simply because it isnt the default
>kernel, so you most likely manually apt-get installed it after the OS
>was installed, which would have marked it as manual)

Hi,

you're right.

[weremouse at moonstudio ~]$ apt-mark showmanual|grep linux
console-setup-linux
libselinux1
linux-headers-lowlatency
linux-image-lowlatency
linux-libc-dev
linux-lowlatency
util-linux

I'll stay with this, but maybe for testing purpose I'll run

  # apt-mark auto linux-lowlatency

or do I need to run

  # apt-mark auto linux-lowlatency linux-headers-lowlatency\
    linux-image-lowlatency

?

Regards,
Ralf