Getting notify to work in gmail with ubuntu 14.04

Donald Parsons dnldprsns at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 17:46:42 UTC 2016

Tommy,

I still do not have the notification-of-new- mail working. I am using the
Google chrome browser inserted into the list of application icons on the
the left of the desktop. How is it run without bringing up the gmail?

The only gmail icon I found to also place there was a Gnome gmail one. Is
there another?

What does the notification look like?

I wonder about how the cookies should be setup.

Attached are my settings – perhaps youi can see an error.