unable to play video after upgraded to ubuntu 16.04 from 14.04

李白|字一日 calidion at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 22:33:16 UTC 2016

> On 28 April 2016 at 11:22, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
> > Perhaps the original poster's default language is an issue.
> >
> > 李白|字一日 <calidion at gmail.com> please run the commands this way:
> >
> >   sudo -i
> >   LANG=C apt-get update
> >   LANG=C apt-get dist-upgrade
> >   logout
> >
> > If any warnings and/or errors occur copy and paste just the
> > warnings and/or errors and stop, do not continue with the following
> > commands. Assumed no warnings and/or errors occur, then do not post the
> > output, but continue with the following commands:
> >
> >   sudo -i
> >   LANG=C rm /var/cache/apt/archives/ligbm*
>
> Unfortunately I mistyped the above line when I initially posted it,
> and Ralf then copied it, it should read
> LANG=C rm /var/cache/apt/archives/libgbm*
> The purpose of which was to make sure that it re-downloaded the
> package deb file just in case it was corrupted.  It probably won't
> make any difference but it is probably worth trying this again, so
>
>   sudo -i
>   LANG=C rm /var/cache/apt/archives/libgbm*
>   LANG=C apt-get install --reinstall libgbm1
>   LANG=C ls -l /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgbm*
>   logout

still cannot play videos

output:

root at eric-desktop:~#   LANG=C rm /var/cache/apt/archives/libgbm*
root at eric-desktop:~#   LANG=C apt-get install --reinstall libgbm1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not
upgraded.
Need to get 24.1 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://cn.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 libgbm1 amd64
11.2.0-1ubuntu2 [24.1 kB]
Fetched 24.1 kB in 0s (39.2 kB/s)
(Reading database ... 355122 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libgbm1_11.2.0-1ubuntu2_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libgbm1:amd64 (11.2.0-1ubuntu2) over (11.2.0-1ubuntu2) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu3) ...
Setting up libgbm1:amd64 (11.2.0-1ubuntu2) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu3) ...
root at eric-desktop:~#   LANG=C ls -l /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgbm*ls:
cannot access '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgbm*': No such file or directory