lost wifi, ethernet, docking station with 16.04 kernel signing.

Peter Silva peter at bsqt.homeip.net
Mon Apr 25 00:33:25 UTC 2016

Had been running pre-release versions of 16.04 since December.  Everything
was working fine, until last week when kernel module signing was added.
I need three external kernel modules for my laptop: evdi (external display
over USB) , MT7630 (wireless), and now they
all fail to install with:

root at blacklab:/usr/src/evdi-1.0.335# insmod evdi.ko
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module evdi.ko: Required key not available
root at blacklab:/usr/src/evdi-1.0.335#

blacklab% sudo insmod mt7630e.ko
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module mt7630e.ko: Required key not
available
blacklab%

I haven't figured out why the hardware ethernet device has disappeared.
I'm using the ethernet on the base station for now.