Laptop will not open Ubuntu

Richard Barmann reb at barmannsbar.com
Tue Apr 12 23:28:28 UTC 2016

When I try to open my laptop (which has Ubuntu 15.04 on it) It will go
past Grub and then give me this error.

-----------------

fsck from util-linux 2.26.2

/dev/sda1 contains a file system with errors, check forced.

/dev/sda1: lnodes that were part of a corrupted orphan linked list found.

/dev/sda1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.

(i.e., without -a or -p options)

fsck exited with status code 4

The root filesystem on /den/sda1 requires a manual fsck

BusyBox v1.22.1 (Ubuntu 1:1.22.0-15ubuntu1) built-in shell (ash)

Enter “help’ for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs)