Thunderbird email not working in ubuntu 14.04

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 12 16:47:25 UTC 2016

On 04/12/2016 08:53 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 08:46:53 -0500, Linda wrote:
>> Since you are sending mail from somewhere do you have the
>> pop and smtp settings working on a different machine?
>> If you have it working you can just copy the settings or
>> files if you are using thunderbird on the machine.
> FWIW the settings working for dnldprsns at gmail.com not necessarily must
> work with verizone, too.

Sorry didn't pay attention and  was thinking the verizon was
set up and working on a different computer or phone I guess
because I have email set on ipads and various computers for
different people.

Have you made sure that SSL is turned on since verizon
requires it?

Does Verizon have a webmail choice so you can go in and
logon from a browser to be sure the username and password
actually work?

Have you read your logs?

Have you tried getting Thunderbird to work with the gmail
account just to see if you can get it working for something?

  These are some of the ways I would start to figure out
what is causing the problem if it were for  one of  my
accounts.
                         Linda