Display driver question.

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Mon Apr 11 13:36:50 UTC 2016

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 17:03:59 +0400
Teimuraz Abashidze <tgasoft at gmail.com> wrote:

> I feel it a bit slow, and some desktop effects are not working
> properly.
>
> I remember ages ago there was porprietary driver from ATI/AMD named
> "fglrx", it was much more efficient than radeon, but had some
> compatibility issues.
>
> Is it supported now?

Fglrx is being phased out, I believe the new name is amdgpu. Wily still
uses fglrx, though, but a newer version might be available from AMD.

> Will it be better for my video card?

Who knows? The only way to say for sure is to try it. Personally I
prefer radeon (mostly because of the issues you mention), but I have no
need for high 3D performance. Only you can say which driver works best
for your usage on your computer.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"