tcl editor or IDE (komodo?)

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 07:42:21 UTC 2016

I've installed ubuntu-make, umake, but can't find a reasonable IDE for my
tcl needs.  There's a Netbeans plugin which might use, or, if all else
fails, resort to Eclipse.

The tcl page on IDE's seems woefully out of date and vague:
http://wiki.tcl.tk/998

The most interesting, komodo, is closed source; I'm installing the open
source, and free as in beer, komodo edit.  My needs are pretty basic,
primarily to catch syntax errors and to nicely format tcl and expect with
standard indenting.  Git I can use from the CLI.

Any suggestions or alternatives?  From time to time I've looked at emacs,
but it never seemed worth the learning curve, at least for Java.  Perhaps
it's a better tool for tcl...

thanks,

Thufir