no wlan after install of 16.04 (dell xps15)

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 9 09:19:57 UTC 2016

Saturday, April 09, 2016  at 4:25, Gene Heskett wrote:
Re: no wlan after install of 16.04  (at least in part)

>welcome to the broadcom victims list with its cast of millions. I never did
>make the broadcom bcm-4318 radio in my now 15 year old HP lappy work for more
>than 2 or 3 minutes, even with the winders drivers running the installed xp
>when IP bought it.  But there, the xp only lasted a couple months, replaced
>with mandrake at the time.  xubuntu atm.

I've had my issues with HP/Broadcom on Ubuntu (prior to 14.04) never any (under
normal use) with XP, yes a RPITA needing two driver sets if you use it to sniff
packets (for security testing) and as a normal WiFi lappy.

Since 14.04 I've stayed with it, so only one set of hoops way back then, hope
16.04 is as easy