New Laptop Advice

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Thu Apr 7 11:23:54 UTC 2016

I'm very happy with this little Toshiba machine that I've had for
several years. Apparently there's no hardware white list crap so when I
got a Virgin Superhub I was able to swap the WiFi card for a(n Intel
chipped) dual band WiFi card, and it "Just Works".

Unfortunately my recent experience with a nice old Epson Perfection 2450
Photo scanner, would suggest that somebody somewhere has screwed up
something in the non-Intel USB drivers, so the safest bet might be to go
for Intel not AMD machinery.

Dave