Back to Basics!

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Tue Apr 5 01:21:45 UTC 2016

On 16-04-04 01:33 PM, s_s_shahin at fastmail.fm wrote:
> Hello Ubuntu linux Guri!
>
> Is there an equivalent to the  Windows Task Manager under Ubuntu?
> At times I need to terminate a  browser session and keep the rest alive.
>
> How do I do that?
>

> TIA

Besides the excellent suggestions already made, here's an old fashined
fun one. (Although, should be used with caution.)

Press Alt-F2 on the keyboard.  on most systems, this should pop up a Run
Application dialogue.  Type xkill press enter.  Your mouse cursor is now
the mouse cursor of death(tm).  Whatever window you click on, the
application gets terminated.