Dragon Naturally Speaking

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 11:46:14 UTC 2016

On 4 April 2016 at 00:05, Scott Blair <scott.blair at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Marine buddy of mine that is going blind. He has stuff that he has
> written that he wants to put on his computer. My first response was Dragon
> Naturally Speaking. I checked his computer and it is running MS Vista and it
> does not support it. I talked to him about switching to Ubuntu. He is fine
> with that. What programs for Linux that are like Dragon Naturally Speaking
> that are available?

There is Linux support for speech input and output, but honestly, the
Mac is significantly better at it and such things are built in. And
Windows is, honestly, better than the Mac.

However, if he has no motor problems, then learning to touch type is
cheaper, easier, more efficient and much faster. All my blind friends
touch-type, and only use speech for output.