New authorization required for mundane activities

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:59:48 UTC 2015

On 28 September 2015 at 22:32, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> When I plug in a flash drive it pops up nautilus windows for the
>> partitions thereon.  Does this not happen for you?  I have not even
>> got thunar installed so it is certainly not necessary to run it in
>> order to recognise flash drives.
>>
> I suppose if I were using Unity or Gnome that would work, but I run
> Xubuntu and I have it set not to pop-up anything (except the
> notification message) when a removable drive is plugged in.

It might have been worthwhile to mention that you were using Xubuntu
rather than standard Ubuntu with Unity.  The assumption is here that
the standard flavour is being used unless otherwise stated.

Perhaps I should have guessed that was the case when you mentioned
Thunar, but it is best not to rely on guesswork wherever possible.

Colin