Installing Ubuntu with preseed and no internet access

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:26:47 UTC 2015

Hi Tony,
I have to use that tool I'm afraid, we are not just installing Ubuntu so
having a single tool makes life easier in the long term.

My solution in the end was to add these two lines to my preseed file:
# This line will contact archive.<domain>/ubuntu
d-i apt-setup/security_host string archive/ubuntu

This points to my local repository and prevents the installer from
contacting an internet based archive.

Regards

On 15 September 2015 at 09:44, Tony Baechler <bats at batsupport.com> wrote:

> On 9/14/2015 6:23 AM, Gerhardus Geldenhuis wrote:
>
>> I am trying to get Ubuntu installed without any internet access.
>>
>> For various reasons we have chosen to use Razor as our installation tool.
>>
>> Are you required to use that tool?  Why not build a live CD of the
> packages you want and install that?  It looks like you have a local mirror,
> so just install live-build, configure accordingly, supply a list of
> packages you want, let it pull them from your local mirror and install.  It
> builds a squashfs image and .iso, with or without the option of the
> installer.  You can install the contents of the image to the local
> machine.  Since the packages are already on the DVD image, you shouldn't
> need Internet access.

Gerhardus Geldenhuis