TBird 38.2.0 - URLs not opening in Firefox since last update?

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 27 14:26:36 UTC 2015

On 09/11/2015 09:21 AM, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this? I just ran the latest updates for Ubuntu
> 15.04. And now Thunderbird 38.2.0 won't open URLs in Firefox. Even
> right-click & open in browser does nothing. Tried setting the
> preferred browser to another.
>     Found various links which mention changing
> network.protocol-handler. prefs in Thunderbird, and "sudo
> update-alternatives --config x-www-browser"
>
>     Nothing.... Anyone else?

     Finally got to finding the solution... I have Ubuntu running in a
VM, and the profile folder I was using was on the host machine, shared
in. TBird doesn't seem to like that setup anymore.
     So I moved the profile folder back to the default location, and
just created a symlink to abook.mab & Local Folders.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy on the internet.