Updating glib 2.22 or later on ubuntu 14.04 facing issues.

asad a.alii85 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:03:37 UTC 2015

Tony,

Here are some update, l'm using libsnarf from source here is the link
http://tools.netsa.cert.org/snarf/download.html

In the README section it tells about dependency in regard to glib 2.2 or
later.

Now,

The o/p of "pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0" is 2.40.2 and

find /usr/lib -type f -name 'glib-2.0.pc'

is

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc

I got confused with the command o/p for " ldd --version" which shows 2.19?
Why different values whom to trust.