Print job queues untill Vbox shutdown

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Mon Oct 5 11:26:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 11:17:38 +0200
oxy <oxyopes at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i send a print order and nothing happens.
> 2 hrs later i shutdown my Win7 inside a Vbox
> and the printer does the work just after that.
>
> Host: ubu 14.04 LTS 64bit
> Printer usb connected
>
> I sent the job to the network printer and it works even if Win7/Vbox is on.

So printing to a USB connected printer doesn't work, but printing to a
network printer does? Maybe the USB port was controlled by the VM, and
it was released when you shut the guest down. Your document was simply
waiting in the print queue until the printer became available. Check the
Virtualbox settings for that guest.

Both KVM and VMware have the ability to let guests control USB-connected
devices directly, I assume Virtualbox can do this also.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"